FOR SPECIAL PURPOSES
We recommend air spring systems in special cases only:
- If vehicle height has to be adjusted regularly: e.g.: the vehicle is unloaded at a docking gate and floor level has to be in exact height.
- If vehicle left and right side has to be levelled separately: e.g. a motorhome vehicle, camper van parks on a hill and vehicle has to be brought to horizontal position.
- If vehicle driver insists to have always the optimal suspension comfort, regardless if the vehicle is fully loaded or empty: e.g.: shipping of very sensitive or fragile goods.
MORE ABOUT AIR SPRING SYSTEMS
Air spring systems are the most modern suspension solutions. However, before installation, it's recommended to think about both advantages and disadvantages:
- Soft ride in any load condition.
- Levelling possible at any time (if compressor is installed on board).
- Left and ride side can be levelled independently.
- Most expensive suspension enhancement solution.
- The system needs regular maintenance.
- The driver always has to take care continuously of proper air pressure in the system, otherwise air spring cushion will wear off quickly.
- Installation can be sophisticated and needs high attention.
- Air lines, connections or air cushions might leak and system needs continuous air feeding.
- In case of system breaks down (e.g.: air cushion bursts), when vehicle is fully loaded, vehicle might not be able to continue its journey.
- Installing an air spring system on the vehicle is a significant change on the vehicle, therefore product certification (e.g.: TÜV) is required that has to be presented on the regular vehicle technical inspection. (All MAXI-LOAD® air spring systems have the necessary certifications.)
Air spring systems are the most sophisticated and expensive suspension enhancement solutions. We do not recommend air spring systems just for enhancing (reinforcing) a leaf spring or coil spring suspension; for this purpose we recommend our other maintenance free products.
MAXI-LOAD® AIR SUSPENSION SOLUTIONSMAXI-LOAD® air springs are available in the following options:
- MAXI-LOAD® air spring "Basic": air spring system without compressor
- MAXI-LOAD® air spring "Standard": air spring system including compressor
- MAXI-LOAD® air spring "Professional": air spring system including compressor and automatic levelling. Left and right side can be levelled separately.
Back to Product Overview