MAXI-LOAD® AIR SPRINGS
MAXIMUM RIDE COMFORT
We recommend helper air spring systems in the following cases:
- If vehicle height has to be adjusted regularly.
- If vehicle left and right side has to be levelled separately: e.g. a motorhome vehicle, camper van parks on a hill and vehicle has to be brought to horizontal position.
- If vehicle driver insists to have always the optimal suspension comfort, regardless if the vehicle is fully loaded or empty: e.g.: shipping of very sensitive or fragile goods or a camper van.
MORE ABOUT AIR SPRING SYSTEMS
Air spring systems are the most modern suspension solutions. However, before installation, it's recommended to think about both advantages and disadvantages:
- Soft ride at any load condition.
- Levelling possible at any time (if compressor is installed on board).
- Left and ride side can be levelled independently.
- Most expensive suspension enhancement solution.
- The system needs regular maintenance.
- The driver always has to take care continuously of proper air pressure in the system, otherwise air spring cushion will wear off quickly.
- Installation can be sophisticated and needs high attention.
- Air lines, connections or air cushions might leak and system needs continuous air feeding.
- Installing an air spring system on the vehicle is a significant change on the vehicle, therefore product certification (e.g.: TÜV) is required that has to be presented on the regular vehicle technical inspection. (All MAXI-LOAD® air spring systems have the necessary certifications.)
Air spring systems are the most sophisticated and expensive suspension enhancement solutions. We do not recommend air spring systems just for enhancing (reinforcing) a leaf spring or coil spring suspension; for this purpose we recommend other maintenance free products, such as helper springs and leaf spring reinforcing kits.
MAXI-LOAD® AIR SUSPENSION SOLUTIONSMAXI-LOAD® air springs are available in the following options:
- MAXI-LOAD® air spring "Basic": air spring system without compressor. The system can be inflated with from an external source (e.g.: compressor at the petrol station)
- MAXI-LOAD® air spring "Comfort": air spring system including compressor and control unit. In this case the levelling of the vehicle can be controlled anytime with the help of an on-board compressor.
Back to Product Overview