MAXI-LOAD® LEAF SPRING REINFORCING KITS
THE TRADITIONAL SOLUTION
Reinforcement Kit is an additional leaf and accessories mounted into factory leaf spring. There are different variants depending on factory spring pack set up. After adding the leaf, spring pack will be thicker, therefore typically a longer U-bolts and center bolts are needed. In some cases additional rubber pads are mounted, too.
GOOD TO KNOW ABOUT REINFORCING LEAF SPRING KITS
- Though the kit can be purchased on low price but the cost / time of installation can be significant: factory leaf spring has to be disassembled and removed from axle.
- The kit is quite heavy and increases the weight of the vehicle by 40 - 60 kg.
- The kits provides linear spring rate: the vehicle will have harder suspension even without significant load.
- The friction between reinforcing leaf and factory spring might cause a squeaking noise.
- Since the main spring leaf including spring eye remains unchanged, there is a certain limitation of spring force increase with this solution. Our leaf spring kits are designed such a way that spring rate is increased maximum by 20% - 40 %. This limitation is necessary in order to avoid breakage of spring eyes of the main spring leaves. In case of suspension needs to be enhanced more significantly (e.g doubling the spring rate) it can be done with an additional helper spring. See our Maxi-Load Rubber Helper Springs.
MAXI-LOAD® REINFORCEMENT LEAF SPRING KITS
Springtech Automotive offers own developed reinforcement kit solutions based on its core competence from IAM/OEM leaf spring production. Kits are available for commercial vehicles mainly up to 7,5 tons but special enhancement kits can be also supplied for heavy duty vehicles based on request.
All reinforcing spring leaves are tapered to parabolic profile. (Some of our competitors offer cheaper products without parabolic tapering, what reduces product life time by 50 % or more.)
All Springtech Automotive products are manufactured from quality spring steel, steel grade 51CrV4. Spring leaves are stress peened and painted.
Back to Product Overview